Power Saver Tips
Power Saver Tips!
During high temperatures and high energy demand, we are asking our electric customers to VOLUNTARILY reduce electric use during hot days. Power Saver Hours are from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. Customers are encouraged to lower their electric use during these hours to save money both now and later. Participation will lower electric use throughout the community and in return lower customers’ monthly electric costs and reduce utility energy costs over time. The more people that participate, the bigger the impact.
Customers can help by taking simple steps such as:
- Let dishes air dry instead of using the heat cycle on the dishwasher.
- Consider changing your thermostat 2-3 degrees or using a fan to delay you’re A/C running.
- Delay turning on the pool pump until after the alert is over.
- Turn off unnecessary lighting, especially in rooms not in use.
- Turn off devices and unplug charging cables not in use.
- Delay using major appliances like the washer/dryer, dishwasher, and oven/stove during an alert.
For alerts and other helpful tips follow DEMEC on Facebook @DEMEC or go to PublicPowerDE.com.