5.6 Disconnection for Failure to Pay Lewes BPW Electric Tariff
- If payment is not received by the Board prior to the next billing date, the Board will send a Disconnection Notice with the next regular bill, notifying the Customer of impending termination of Electric Service. This notice shall include any applicable late charge and notice of service disconnection if payment is not received within fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of this notice. The bill and notice shall be sent mail and deposited in the United States Postal Service addressed to the Customer at the last known mailing appearing on the records of the Board.
- When a Board employee visits the property to disconnect service for failure to pay, the Customer if available will be given the opportunity to make payment rather than be disconnected. If the Customer elects to pay, a thirty dollar ($30.00) Collection Charge will be assessed. This charge will apply for any collections visit to the property that does not result in disconnection.
5.7 Payment Agreement
- The Board may make arrangements for a modified payment schedule with a Customer who is unable to pay his or her bill for Delivery Service or combined Electric Supply and Delivery Service to the Board due to unusual or severe There will be a late payment penalty levied against all payment agreements of one and one-half percent (1-½%) per month on the unpaid balance. Any party to a payment agreement who fails to meet the obligations of the agreement made with the Board is subject to disconnection, following seventy-two (72) hours notice by letter or telephone to a number given in the payment agreement
5.8 Restoration of Service
- A restoration of service charge will be paid by the Customer in order to restore service to the Customer whose service has been disconnected for any reason, except in the event of a fire resulting in disconnection of service. Any Customer disconnected under the provisions of these rules and regulations for nonpayment must pay all overdue bills (past and present), a restoration of service charge, and a deposit when required, before service will be restored.
- If restoration is requested between 7:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday, Holidays excepted, the restoration of service charge will be forty dollars ($40.00). Request for restoration on the same day under this provision must be received no later than 3:00 p.m.
- If restoration requests are received between 4:01 p.m. and 12:00 a.m., a restoration of service charge of ninety-six dollars ($96.00) will be required, Monday through Friday, Holidays excepted.
- Emergency restorations at times other than the hours discussed above will be made by the Board at the discretion of the Board only in emergency situations. A restoration of service fee of one hundred and seventy-two dollars ($172.00) will be charged. This means that Holiday and weekend restorations will require the higher fee described above.
- If a second visit is required to make restoration, a Service Fee will be charged for the Board employee’s additional visit. This fee will be thirty dollars ($30.00).
IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS YOUR ACCOUNT STATUS, PLEASE CONTACT THE BUSINESS OFFICE AT 302-645-6228 MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:00 A.M. AND 4:00 P.M.